6 Best Tennis Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
1. Asics GT 20001. Asics GT 2000
- The foot sits on a FlyteFoam midsole , which guarantees a much softer contact when landing with each step on the asphalt.
- FlyteFoam technology also has excellent energy return to feel a kind of propulsion from the bottom of the foot that propels you forward with every stride.
- The AHAR+ rubber outsole(Asics High Abrasion Resistant Rubber) is highly resistant to wear and tear that suits perfectly to prevent slipping on hard surfaces.
- The insole is made of different density materials providing better arch support .
- If your feet tend to rotate inside(pronate) the shoes and you are worried about plantar fasciitis , then the ASICS Gt-2000 7 shoes will help you play comfortably while minimizing the risk of injury.
- For heavy weight men and women
- For pronators
- People with high archs will appriciate this shoe
- People who value stability
- Tight toe box for some
2. Best running shoes: Saucony Guide 13 Running Shoes2. Best running shoes: Saucony Guide 13 Running Shoes
- Saucony has chosen a high-strength rubber , which can withstand wear and tear for hundreds of hours of play.
- Improved traction on the hard surfaces, but also improvement of the flexibility of the sole. This allows transitions to feel much faster and smoother.
- Due to the high level of cushioning and support they have. As for the weight of the runner, they are great for medium weights and even heavy players.
- The highlight of the upper is its versatility, which not only creates feelings of flexibility and breathability, but is also stable . In fact, this last point is vitally important for pronator tennis players, who will take advantage of that additional support and stability.
- Highly resistant rubber outsole that suits long plays and runs.
- A lot of positive reviews referencing plantar fasciitis.
- Consider ordering one or half size up than usual.
Diadora Speed Blushield 4 Tennis ShoesDiadora Speed Blushield 4 Tennis Shoes
- The air mesh upper part with Supreltech and Dia Shield technologies guarantees maximum breathability and comfort, together with the Duratech 5000 anti-wear sole.
- Designed for changes in directions, good amount of cushioning.
- The technology used in the Diadora Speed
Blushield will give you greater stability in all lateral movements. These shoes will give your foot a permanent feeling of comfort .
- If you’re up on your feet all day, and suffer from unbearable foot pain, some report that they can stand for hours without feeling any pain with these shoes.
- Very good price
- Great for everyday use, standing all day
- Can hold up for months
- Lightweight materials and flexible design
- Heavier than expected
- Wider than usual
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v9New Balance Fresh Foam 1080v9
- The midsole, with its cushioning system, makes this shoe able to absorb the shocks caused by the impact on the ground.
- The Ortholite insole provides the right support for the arch, making this shoe comfortable and reliable for everyday workouts.
- If you’re looking for a shoe that will help your knees feel great, your archs not getting sore and save your toes from blisters, it’s the one to go for.
- Asymetrical heel keeps the foot in place
- Removeable insole
- Good shock absorption
- High level of comfort
- Wide toe box
Nike Vapor Cage 4 Tennis ShoesNike Vapor Cage 4 Tennis Shoes
- The NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor Cage 4 has been updated to withstand the most intense matches with durable rubber and flexible plastic.
- Unique laces are hidden to prevent untying during slides. Combines durable rubber and hard synthetic plastic in highly wearable areas.
- The outsole material wraps the midsole in the middle for added durability.
- The Zoom Air unit under the forefoot generates great reactivity with every step. The exclusive lacing system wraps the foot and offers support during movement.
- The sturdy frame on the side creates great stability during lateral movements. Lacing eyelets in the middle are covered for durability during glides.
- Durable rubber outsole
- Excellent versions for men and women
- Cushioning and Air Zoom helps relieve fasciitis pain.
- Might be lightweight for some
Asics Gel KayanoAsics Gel Kayano
- Recommended to those who need maximum stability during training for long matches and training sessions.
- The Gel Kayano also have a high level of cushioning, thanks to Flytefoam, Flytefoam Propel and Asics Gel in the back. These shoes are excellent for long distance training and competition. A shoe with a high level of cushioning for players exceeding the 80kg mark.
- In case you are a pronator, this shoe is perfectly matches for pronators too. Incorporating some systems to offer more support and stability in the arch area.
- If you were wondering if the Gel Kayano’s are durable and lightweight shoes- something that, as you know, is crucial for playing long matches or training for hours; the answer is yes.
- Perfect for long hours of training
- Compatible with pronated type feet
- Good cushioning and weight combination
- Protect your feet with added cushioning
- Comes at an expensive price
- Additional cushioning translates to more weight for some
About Shoes And Plantar Fasciitis
What is plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis means inflammation of your plantar fascia. Your plantar fascia is a strong band of tissue (like a ligament) that stretches from your heel to your middle foot bones. It supports the arch of your foot and also acts as a shock-absorber in your foot.
What are the causes of plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is caused by straining the ligament that supports your arch. Repeated strain can cause tiny tears in the ligament. These can lead to pain and swelling. This is more likely to happen if:
- Your feet roll inward too much when you play.
- You have high arches or flat feet.
- Playing or running for long periods of time, especially on hard surfaces.
- You are overweight.
- You wear shoes that don’t fit well or are worn out.
- You have tight achilles tendons or calf muscles.
Most people with plantar fasciitis have pain when they take their first steps after they get out of bed or sit for a long time. You may have less stiffness and pain after you take a few steps. But your foot may hurt more as the day goes on. It may hurt the most when you climb stairs or after you stand for a long time.
How Common Is It ?
Plantar fasciitis is fairly common. Around 1 in 10 people will get plantar fasciitis at some time in their life and it can occur at any age. It is, however, most common in people between the ages of 40 to 60 years and is twice as common in women than men.
What Are The Symptoms?
Pain is the main symptom. This can be anywhere on the underside of your heel. However, commonly, one spot is found as the main source of pain. This is often about 4 cms forward from your heel, and may be tender to touch
Buying Guide for the Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
If you are in the market for a good pair of shoes specifically designed for plantar fasciitis, there are various factors that must be considered beforehand.
Because these shoes are fabricated to lessen the pain caused by this foot problem, loads of features are taken into consideration while they are made.
You must first find out the activity that you would do most of the times in your shoes. Some of the shoes are more inclined towards the level of comfort whereas some may talk mostly of providing stability.
The choice of the shoes is totally reliant of what you will be doing in them. The type of stride while walking and what is the level of your heel, whether it is too high or flat and other such aspects are the main focus.
Dependent of these traits, the need for particular shoe type drastically varies. Suppose, if you will be doing lots of things that cause hard impacts on your heel like running then the shoe you buy must have the strongest arch support.
The cushioning within the shoes must be very good with efficient shock absorption quality.
Because you cannot wear and test the shoes yourself when buying via an online platform, it is of utmost importance to read as many online reviews as possible.
This is an excellent way to find what you have been actually looking for. Going through the feedbacks of other consumers ahead of time can save you from the inconvenience of replacing or returning your product. The reviews make a good idea of all the strong and weak points associated with the shoes.
Firm Heel Counter
This is the foremost trait to consider when shopping for shoes because it helps treat your heel pain. The heel counter comprises of the back portion of your feet and covers the area around your heel bone. It is mainly responsible for controlling supination and pronation.
So, consider the strides when you walk, whether they supinate or pronate and what the flatness of your feet is. These are the two most important aspects while purchasing a comfortable pair of shoes.
The firmness of heel counter can be accessed by squeezing it but if you are buying it online, you would not be able to test them. Thus, read the reviews relevant to the quality and firmness of heel counter.
Some of the shoes are also provided with a deep heel cup to properly accommodate your heels for enhanced support. These shoes are highly excellent when it comes to veracious foot alignment. When your feet stay in their original positions precisely, you will experience less pain and additional comfort and stability.
Flexibility of the Shoe
Flexibility of the shoe is extremely crucial in determining its overall built quality. The shoe must flexibly bend when you hold it from both its ends i.e. heel and toe.
The sole will irresistibly bend in the middle to define its suppleness and litheness. A good shoe meant for plantar fasciitis must not show even a little resistance otherwise it will collapse in the middle and will not serve its purpose.
The gradual bending of the shoe is highly significant because it will eventually enable the shoes to withstand all the thousands of steps they have to survive.
However, only the front half of the shoe should feature flexibility and the half back must be properly rigid. This is highly beneficial in protecting and supporting the delicate tissue of fascia.
The significance of the flexible shoe cannot be denied because of all the positive benefits it has. A flexible shoe makes your heel to toe transition extremely smooth almost like a rocking chair. It reduces the level of effort that may be required while walking or running. When your shoes are impressively flexible and bendable, you can retain the capability of your natural stride.
Looking for an elevated heel with a rocker sole is yet another essential character to behold in the orthopedic shoes. The shoe must be equipped with at least one inch high heel.
This is extremely helpful in lifting some of the weight off your painful heels. Elevated heels are efficient in re-distributing the weight so that you do not feel the pain that you had in your heels previously. Plantar fasciitis is a serious medical condition and prolonging or neglecting it may worsen the entire situation.
However, you must not buy shoes with extraordinarily high heels because that can aggravate the already severe foot disorder. The shoes that are specifically built for plantar fasciitis keep this in mind and feature just a small heel for eliminating stress and pressure.
The sole of the shoes fabricated for medical aid must feature a highly flexible and soft sole. The sole of the shoe must effortlessly rock forward to complete a rolling motion.
The test for the effective rocker sole can be done by placing it on a flat surface and pushing on the toe area. By doing so, it rolls forward and bends. The shoe with the highest rolling property is the most beneficial for healing plantar fasciitis.
If you are suffering from this foot problem, you must never buy a shoe with ‘neutral’ or ‘flat’ heel. Such shoes will focus all the weight of your foot on the heels and reload it causing excruciating pain. This results in forming enhanced pressure on the affected part and may exacerbate the condition.
The outer sole must be fabricated from rubber because that is more shock absorbing. It effectively reduces the hard impacts that come from walking on the difficult terrains.
Rubber soles are also good in traction to avoid slipping and accidental falling. The high traction and extra grip of the rubber outer sole make it the best outsole. The high-end plantar fasciitis shoes always use rubber for fabricating their outer sole as when compared to the leather outsole of ordinary shoes.
Most of the prominent footwear brands use EVA midsole for enhancing the level of comfort and support. These types of soles are extremely helpful in providing all the right support at the right places.
Some of them also enable you to insert your personal orthotics for further boosting the comfort. Thus, you can use your orthotics for more personalized feel. The well-padded foot bed of the shoes will accommodate the natural contours and shape of your foot. This will gradually lessen the symptoms for plantar fasciitis and will try to permanently eradicate this foot issue.
Good Heel Support
If you are an avid runner and run a lot frequently, the shoes that you wear must be proficient enough to endure hard impacts on the heels of your feet. Strong heel support is an immensely crucial facet of a good shoe because it helps the shoe to withstand all the hard impacts of running and other such activities.
Make sure the shoes that you are buying do not have a feeble heel support. Otherwise, the shoes will not last long and start showing wear and tear too early.
Heel support is highly effective in taking off the extra pressure off your foot and thus it promotes steady footing. When your heels are nicely supported, the tendency to over pronate or supinate is relatively controlled. It maximizes the ability to step precisely as much as possible.
Good Arch Support
Arch is a fundamental aspect for determining the gait while you walk. Observing your arch thoroughly will give you an idea how low or high your arch is. Therefore, it makes it easier to comprehend whether you are neutral, under pronate or over pronate. Shoes are specifically designed for all the three diverse conditions of arches.
Wearing the shoes otherwise may lead to injury and heighten the already existing problem. When you buy a shoe for your misaligned foot, it becomes extremely crucial to get an arch support just at the right position.
The good arch support will go all-out to provide backing to your fascia ligament. When this tissue is retained at its original position, you will feel no pain and discomfort. Thus, ask your podiatrist about your foot condition and buy shoes accordingly. The arch support featured in the shoes must appropriately suit the over pronated, supinated or neutral feet.
The cushioning inside the shoes is yet another important aspect of a great shoe. When the interior of the shoes is nicely padded, it provides outstanding comfort and stability to your foot. Nowadays, renowned footwear brands are utilizing gel-cushioning technology to make the level of comfort more remarkable.
The cushioning is not only beneficial for comfort but it also offers gentle and plush feeling to your feet. A well-cushioned shoe interior will also keep the foot in its natural position to avoid the inward or outward rolling of your feet as is common with plantar fasciitis.
This character of a plantar fasciitis shoe must never be overlooked. Plantar fasciitis is a very painful foot condition and walking or standing can worsen the situation.
It happens because of the shocks and impacts that these hard surfaces cause when walking against them. Only a well-built shoe has the propensity to absorb these harmful impacts effectively. Especially the shoes with rubber outer sole are exceedingly good when it comes to amazing shock absorption.
Spacious Toe Box
The forward-facing area of the shoes which accommodates the front foot must have ample room for spaciously housing the toes of your feet. This will also allow proper ventilation to keep your foot sweat and moisture free. You can easily move your toes inside the shoes occasionally for relieving extra stress and pressure off them.
If your shoes are too narrow in front then your feet are very likely to hurt even more. Therefore, make certain that the pair you have decided has good space inside for adjusting your foot effortlessly.
We hope this guide will provide the best answer to all your queries related to footwear for plantar fasciitis. Bearing all these outstanding aspects in mind, you can actually pick a pair of shoe that will help you in dealing with the plantar fasciitis efficiently.
No one would ever want a disorder which restricts them from walking or performing their regular activities. But development of such severe foot conditions is not in our hands and it is unavoidable too. Foot conditions like plantar fasciitis can be extremely painful especially when you get out of the bed in morning.
There are various ways that you can adopt to overcome these problems. However, one of the best solutions is to change your regular footwear to intently devised footwear made for plantar fasciitis.
From running shoes to tennis shoes, we have reviewed all the high-end footwear for you. We have attempted to cover all the best tennis shoes for plantar fasciitis, for people dealing with plantar fascia. Each shoe chosen in our article is selected with plantar fasciitis and its symptoms in mind.
We hope you find the best pair for yourself using our ultimate buying guide and list of shoes so that you can gradually get rid of this grave foot condition.